Mother’s Day is one of the most important periods of the year for florists, so when our client asked us to run a 360 digital marketing campaign for them on that occasion, we knew the pressure was on!
Here is how we achieved a 40% increase on their ecommerce revenue year on year.
Content Strategy – Baseline branding document
- As with any content marketing campaign, we start by designing a content strategy: this determines the brand’s voice and tone, content topics and suitable vocabulary based on an audit of the target market and a benchmark of the competitors.
- This is a holistic approach analysing all points of contact between the brand and its target audience: website, blog, social media, emails, paid ads.
Targeted Email Campaigns – 30% of total revenue was generated via email marketing
- Targeted campaigns with strategic messages based on emotional and transactional stimuli
- Custom audience segments targeting specific users to maximise potential
- Precisely scheduled email campaigns to reach users at the best possible time during the day
- Revenue from email increased by 178%
- Number of transactions increased by 223%
- Average order value increased by 3.5%
- High engagement metrics: 13% conversion rate and 15% open rate
- 903% Return on Investment
Engaging Social Media Campaigns – Generating word of mouth and brand awareness
- 45 seconds video shot and edited in house
- GoPro style video showing mums receiving flower bouquets for Mother’s Day
- Emotional based message targeting specific audience “What are you getting your mum?”
- Video shared on social media and via email campaigns
Competition “Mum made me”
- The idea: Win a $200 bouquet by sharing a photo on social media and telling what your mum passed on to you – e.g. “Mum made me strong”
- The objective: Generating brand awareness and foster engagement on primary social media for the client (Instagram and Facebook), as well as grow an audience on new platforms (Twitter and Pinterest)
- Sharing relevant content and driving traffic to the website to generate brand awareness and build trust with users
- Increase in likes, post reach, and engagement
- Ecommerce conversion rate 3.85%
If you’d like the team at Alpha Digital to create a 360 Digital Marketing campaign for your business, get in touch today and we can talk about the best digital strategies to help you grow!